Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Brother



I’ve done everything for you
I’ve kept your every secret
Listened to your every story
And yet despite everything I do for you
All I feel is regret,
Regret for ever helping your growing glory
The growing glory that fills your ego
The ego that keeps me wondering,
Wondering, whatever happened to us?
Let us not forget,
We used to hug every day
Bathe in the nude
Fall, Lay, Skip, Play like the gaily kids we were
And most of all we fought
But despite that constant fighting we still stuck together
Together forever.
And now? Now I’m left alone
Questioning what happened to us?
I’m left bleeding and bruised
While you stand over me
Telling me how useless I am, how you want to kill me
I used to dread the day you would leave home
And now I fear every day I have to come home. Come home to you
That very fear ripples through my every nerve
Fear that I will say a wrong word, a wrong phrase
And fear that, that wrong word and wrong phrase
Will bring you anger.
And me? Well I fear that, that anger will bring me pain
Pain that will never leave me.
Pain that keeps me questioning, what happened to us?
But despite all of this pain and questioning,
I still do everything for you
I still keep your every secret and listen to your every story
I continue to forgive you because I love you
I continue to love you because you are my brother

No comments:

Post a Comment